Light at the end of the tunnel!

We're getting there! There's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Of course, depending on your feeling, that light might be the opening or it might be a train.

Don't get discouraged if you haven't been meeting your word goals consistently. There's still time. I've been taking most weekends off, and you can manage to claw your way back. Look at the average you have to hit per day, and try to get just a few more words than that. Go to your local libraries and see if they have word sprints. If not, do your own!

Speaking of which, I'm a big fan of word sprints. They encourage you to sit your butt down in front of a keyboard, and just write for a half hour at a time, take a short break, write, take a break, etc. I like to be a little competitive with the people I'm with, but that's just me. Sometimes I don't, since people might think you're being a jerk.

But when all is said and done, keep writing. Don't stop to fix a mistake. I have a lot of words that are extra, or a lot of one-letter words that wind up counting, but they're going to work themselves out in the end. I promise that wherever you are, you can make it!

Thanks for wreading!

Jeff

Comments

Popular Posts