Book Review: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

I'm painfully behind on my Star Wars reading.

If anyone keeps up with me on Twitter, you have no doubt noticed that I tend to retweet a lot of Star Wars stuff. I love it. Whether it's a funny picture or something from the 501st Legion (of which I'm a member), I will send it back out into the Twitterverse.

So that brings me back to my woeful stage of life. I actually hadn't listened to/read The Force Awakens, Rogue One or Phasma (the latter two are all on my list). But now that I have a lot of time while walking my kids to/from school, I'm able to listen to books much faster.

As you might imagine, the book follows the film very closely. There are a lot of differences, though and they give insight into the various characters. Some minor details are either omitted or elaborated on, as is a little bit of dialog, but I believe that's necessary due to the difference in medium.

Is there fault in the book? Probably. However, I'm very biased. For me, if it has Star Wars on the cover, I've probably already convinced myself that I'll like it.

Pros:
It's Star Wars.
Light read
Follows film's storyline, and is therefore easy to keep track of

Cons:
Written in a more third-person omniscient POV. Or at least it seems so while listening to the audiobook. This can be very distracting and hard to follow.

Thanks for wreading!

Jeff

Comments

Popular Posts